Licensing Questions Answered
What Does a SimpleHelp License Cover?
- Only the SimpleHelp server is licensed. You need a SimpleHelp license for each server you install SimpleHelp on. Installing the SimpleHelp remote access service or technician applications does not require a license.
- Every SimpleHelp license allows a limited number of concurrent sessions.
- Your license includes one year of support and access to all major or minor updates. After one year you can optionally pay the renewal fee to receive support and updates for another year.
- Your license will work forever with the versions it is able to run.
What is a Session?
Your SimpleHelp license will allow you to run a number of live sessions at the same time.
- For example, a 5 session license will allow 5 concurrent sessions to be run. This could be 5 technicians each using one session or one technician using 5 sessions at the same time.
- A session is a connection between a technician and a remote computer.
Are Support and Version Updates Included?
When you buy a license one year of support and version updates are included.
- During this one year period you can upgrade to any new SimpleHelp release, major or minor.
- You can extend the support and update period at any time. You do not need to wait for it to expire.
- You can purchase an additional one year of support and updates for the renewal fee per session shown on the pricing page.
Are Session Upgrades Possible?
Yes. You can upgrade your license at any time to increase the number of concurrent sessions or switch to a higher license tier.
- You can choose to upgrade to any advertised license.
- You only pay the difference between the current license prices.
What are the License Terms and Conditions?
The information on this page is intended to provide a clear summary of the SimpleHelp licensing. Please read the Full Terms and Conditions for the precise details.