Licensing Questions Answered
What Does a SimpleHelp License Cover?
- Only the SimpleHelp server is licensed. You need a SimpleHelp license for each server you install SimpleHelp on. Installing the SimpleHelp remote access service or technician applications does not require a license.
- Every SimpleHelp license allows a limited number of concurrent sessions.
- Your license will work forever.
- Your license includes 12 months support and access to all major or minor updates. After 12 months you will need to pay 20% of the current license fee to receive support and updated for another year.
What is a Session?
Your SimpleHelp license will allow you to run a number of live sessions at the same time.
- For example, a 5 session license will allow 5 concurrent sessions to be run. This could be 5 technicians each using one session or one technician using 5 sessions at the same time.
- A session is a connection between a technician and a remote computer. For presentations, every 3 attendees is counted as one session.
What is a Remote Management License?
A remote management license is just a normal SimpleHelp license that also unlocks additional remote management functionality within SimpleHelp. With a remote management license you can:
- Create alerts over machines that have the remote access service installed.
- Run toolbox items over many remote access machines concurrently.
- The number of alerts you can create is limited by the size of your license. Find out more.
Do Licenses Really Work Forever?
Buying SimpleHelp means you can use it forever.
- Only trial licenses have an expiry date.
- There are no subscriptions to pay.
- You can continue to use your existing SimpleHelp server without paying for support and updates.
Are Support and Updates Included?
When you buy a license 12 months support and updates are included.
- During this 12 month period you can upgrade to any new SimpleHelp release, major or minor.
- You can extend the support period at any time. You do not need to wait for it to expire.
- After 12 months you can pay 20% of the current license fee at any time to receive support and updates for another year.
Are Session Upgrades Possible?
Yes. You can upgrade your license at any time to increase the number of concurrent sessions or switch to a remote management license.
- You can choose to upgrade to any advertised license.
- You only pay the difference between the current license prices.
Can I Give my Customers Access to Their Machines?
Yes. With a standard SimpleHelp license you can give your customer's access to machines running the Remote Access Service.
- Customers must have their own technician account(s).
- Every customer account must be associated with a Technician Group that allows only remote access functionality.
What are the License Terms and Conditions?
The information on this page is intended to provide a clear summary of the SimpleHelp licensing. Please read the Full Terms and Conditions for the precise details.